Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Easy Natural Muffins

Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Muffin Mix

This muffin mix is all natural.  I made it this morning.  It was delicious and super easy.  I added oil, milk, and an egg as the recipe called for.  I also added drained and towel dried organic frozen blueberries.  The muffins took 15 minutes to bake.  My 22 month old toddler and husband loved them.  The muffins don't have too much sugar.  They tasted similar to a lightly sweetened bran cereal.

I purchased the muffin mix from Harris Teeter.  I recommend it for your grocery list.  If you haven't made the transition to all whole grains (or mostly whole grains) in your diet, you may not like these muffins much.  I have found that the more whole grains I eat, the yummier they get and I don't really like the refined and bleached ingredients as much anymore.  Whole grains are super healthy and bleached/refined foods are just junk food in my opinion.  I still eat the bad stuff but we are trying to get away from it as much as possible.  I don't want my daughter to dislike wheat bread like I did growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment