Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Preparing for baby

It has been a while since my last post.  FINALLY, at 19 weeks of pregnancy I have gone one whole week without vomiting.  Hallelujah.  Seriously, this pregnancy has not been fun so far.  Exciting, yes, but fun, absolutely not.  Now I just have a lot of nausea, especially if I go more than 3 hours without eating.  If I eat regularly throughout the day, however, and drink plenty of water, I'm managing to feel alright.

Next week is the much anticipated ultrasound that will allow us to know the sex of the baby.  Hmmm...  I'm still not sure if we want to know if it is a boy or girl.

My belly is big enough where I can't see my toes when I stand up straight.

Last week strangers started to ask if I'm pregnant.

I'm in maternity pants now.

My nipples are getting larger and darker. My breasts are getting bigger and heavier.

My SI joints are starting to ache.

I can't sleep on my belly anymore.

Last week I started to feel the baby move!

I sometimes envy women who say they "felt great" while pregnant because I am not so fortunate.  With sweet child #1, I was sick and uncomfortable just like this time but there was a very high point - my delivery went very well.  Also, I am very thankful that I had a healthy (although uncomfortable) pregnancy the first time.  I am praying this one goes so well.  Hopefully my efforts to keep it natural and intervention-free will contribute to a delivery without complications.  I already did my squatting exercises tonight in the shower to prepare for my natural birth.  Time to say my prayers and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment